Suggested Home Maintenance Schedule for Fall
As with any high ticket item– be it a car, boat or home– a regular maintenance schedule should be set up and adhered to in order to preserve the life of the item. Each season brings its own special concerns so we will focus on Fall, since it is a few days a way. Fall is a great time to do all around maintenance including having your home soft pressure washed.
Our suggested home maintenance checklist for fall is
1. Check the weather stripping around windows and doors – apply caulking where necessary.
2. Check windows for any cracks
3. Have windows cleaned
4. Have dryer vents checked
5. Check foundation and areas where pipes or wires enter your home for any cracks, apply caulking as needed. Openings in the structure can allow moisture and water to get inside, resulting in mold and mildew.
6. Have roof inspected for loose shingles and cleaned
7. Once the leaves have fallen have gutters cleaned
8. Cut back bushes and trees
9. Store Firewood away from home to prevent termites and insects from getting in your home.
10. Clean air conditioner filters
11. Change batteries in any smoke/carbon monoxide alarms that are not hardwired. Doing this when the time changes helps to keep on a good schedule
12. Insure fireplace and chimney are in good working order and clean.
We hope this checklist helps you organize your home maintenance schedule. For roof cleaning, gutter cleaning, soft-pressure washing, window and deck cleaning, call the professionals at Caretaker Services!